Tomato & Onion Gravy
Sausages are a quick and easy meal that all the family will love! They can be cooked in a lot of different ways - they are suitable to BBQ, grill, fry or bake in the oven. Serve sausages with mashed potatoes, vegetables and a wonderfully tasty Tomato & Onion Gravy.
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced or chopped
- 2 tomatoes, finely sliced or chopped
- ½ cup Gravy mix – Maggi Rich Gravy Mix is good!
- 2 cups cold water
1. Fry onions for few minutes, then add the tomatoes and cook until soft. Or you can cook them all in the microwave.
2. Combine the gravy mix with half the water in a saucepan and stir until free of lumps.
3. Stir in remaining water and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add the cooked tomato and onion mixture and cook for a further minute or two.
use ½ red wine and ½ water; add a spoonful of chutney or grain mustard.